Property Search

Newest Properties

Sorry No Results Found

Try Search with Different Values. Thanks

Do you offer Section 8 housing?
Some of the buildings we manage do accept Section 8 vouchers (City or County), but a majority of the properties we manage do not accept Section 8.  Please call our office at (323) 954-7575 to ask about our current vacancies or see our visit <link to vacancy website page>.

Where are you located?
We are operating out of a virtual office.  Our mailing address is P.O. Box 9219, Brea, CA 92822.

What are your office hours?
We are open from 10:00AM to 6:00PM Monday through Friday (except Holidays).

When should I begin looking for an apartment to rent?
You should start looking as soon as a month before you need to move. Some of our apartments are still occupied while others are vacant. We can take applications in advance, but we can’t hold a vacant unit for a long period of time.

I’m interested in seeing one of your available rentals, what should I do?       
Rentals are shown by appointment only. Please contact the office at (323) 954-7575 to learn more about the available rentals and to schedule a showing.

How long are your leases?
Leases are typically 12 months in length. Occasionally, a lease term can be changed by mutual agreement. Check with our office for details.

How does the application process work? 
Everyone over the age of eighteen who will be living in the rental will need to complete a rental application. Rental applications can be downloaded from the Downloads section of this website found under the Resident Services tab. They can also be picked up during scheduled viewing appointments, open houses, or by visiting our office during normal business hours. You can also apply for a rental by selecting the Apply For A Rental Online button on the main page of this website.

The rental application must be signed and filled out to the best of your ability, and submitted along with a $30 non-refundable rental application fee per adult. This fee is used to run a credit check and criminal background check on each applicant. We will also verify your rental history and employment history as a part of the application process. If any additional information is needed, we will let you know.

When you have been approved for an available rental, you will need to sign a holding deposit agreement and put down a holding deposit to ensure the rental is yours. Once we have a signed holding deposit agreement and a holding deposit from you, we will remove the rental from being marketed.

Does my application take the vacancy off the market?
No. Until your application is approved and a holding deposit and agreement are signed, all offers to rent will be considered. However, after you sign a lease and have made the required deposits and payments, that vacancy will be taken off the market.

How long can a vacancy be held for me?
Once you are approved , have paid the holding deposit and signed the holding agreement, a vacant unit can usually be held for 1 week. The holding deposit is non-refundable, but will be applied toward your first month’s rent upon lease execution.  However, this may vary depending on the vacancy. Call our office for details on a specific vacancy.

Can I submit an application on a vacancy that I haven’t seen?
No. We insist that an applicant view the apartment before submitting an application.

What documents do I need to submit with my application?
Providing the correct/current documents with your application speeds up the process, as we do not process applications until all of these items are received. Please include the following:

  • Filled out Application including each adult’s signature.
  • Most Recent Paycheck Stubs covering at least a 1-month period
  • Copy of Driver’s License or Photo ID
  • Copy of Social Security Card
  • Documents supporting other sources of income including Social Security, Disability, Child Support, etc.
  • Copies of any satisfied court judgments which may still appear on your credit

I’m self employed. What do I need to provide with my application?
If you are self-employed you will need to provide tax returns for the most recent year as well as the documents required as stated in the previous question.

Do we need to submit separate applications if we are roommates?
Yes. We require a separate application for each adult over the age of 18.

Do you take co-signers?
We only take co-signers when the applicant has insufficient credit history or earning power to pay the rent. The co-signer has to complete and sign an application for processing purposes as if they are an additional occupant as well as pay a $30 application fee per adult co-signor.

What if I can’t come to your office to submit my application?
If coming to our office to submit your application is a hardship, you can either fax or e-mail it to us (although it must be signed and a $30 application fee per adult must be received before an application is considered complete and processing is begun). Please call and confirm that we have received your application and application fee payment. We cannot process an application until the application fee is paid for each adult.

How long does it take to get a response after I turn in an application?
Normally it takes 2-3 business days depending on how quickly your employment and landlord references are able to respond to our inquiry.

What if I don’t have good credit?
If it is determined that you have poor credit, Peergroup Corporation may still rent to you. In order to accept your application, we will require a security deposit of 1.5 to 2 times the normal deposit.

What if I have a bankruptcy or a prior eviction?
Depending upon the circumstances, Peergroup Corporation may rent to you if you’ve had a bankruptcy, depending on your credit report. However, it is important that after the bankruptcy, there needs to be a history of good credit and rental payment. In addition, we will ask for a security deposit of 1.5 to 2 times the normal deposit.  We do not accept any applicants with an eviction on their record.

How do I know if I have been approved?
We will call you the moment your application is completed. We appreciate your patience while your application is processed with the highest priority.

What do I do after I am approved?
Once you are approved, we’ll contact you to arrange signing of the holding agreement and payment of the holding deposit.  At that time, an appointment will be made within seven calendar days to sign the lease, payment of your Security Deposit and other payments, and to schedule a move-in date. You will also need to begin move-in preparations like getting the utilities switched into your name.

Methods of payment of Application Fees, Holding Deposit, Security Deposit and First Month’s Rent?
Cashier’s Check or Money Orders ONLY accepted for the Application Fees, Holding Deposit, Security Deposit and First Month’s Rent. After the first month’s rent, Personal Checks will be accepted.  Cash is NOT accepted.

The method of payment can be in person in the office during business hours, by mail, to your property supervisor or on-site manager or on-site payment drop box (where applicable). There is also a payment box just outside the entrance to the office for after hours payments.

Are utilities included in the rent?  
The utilities included vary from property to property.  Some may include water, trash, gas or electricity.  Refer to the property listings or call the office with any questions at (323) 954-7575.

Which appliances are included?
Appliances will vary depending on the property. Most will include a stove and garbage disposal. Some properties provide a refrigerator, a dishwasher, or a washer & dryer (or hook-ups). Check the on-line listings for details on a specific vacancy.

Is Renter’s Insurance provided?
While the unit itself is insured against fire, flood, storms, etc. your personal belongings are not. We strongly encourage all our residents to obtain renters insurance from their local agent.  Contact us for referrals.

What if I have some concerns about the vacancy I’m interested in?
We want you to be satisfied with your new place. If you have any concerns, please make them known to us immediately in writing. We’ll let you know exactly how we can resolve your concerns.  It is important that all questions be answered before moving in.

Do you accept pets?
Because each unit and each owner is different, the best answer we can give is “it depends”. In most properties, no pets are allowed.  The Properties that do accept Pets are subject to the owner’s approval. Due to insurance constraints we cannot accept the following breeds of dogs: Doberman Pincher, Rottweiler, Pit Bull, or any close relatives. Pet policies are strictly enforced.

Can I get a pet?  What do I need to do before getting a pet?
Not all buildings managed by Peergroup Corporation allow pets. Contact your resident manager or the management office first to find out if you will be permitted to have a pet. If you are permitted to have a pet, you will need to pay an additional pet security deposit and sign a pet agreement.

How many pets are allowed?
In most cases no more than 2 pets are permitted in each unit.

What happens if I do not disclose a pet?
Not disclosing a current pet at the time of the lease signing, or a future pet at the date they are first kept in your unit, produces expensive and severe consequences.  When a non-disclosed pet is discovered (and it always is), it voids the lease and may be grounds for eviction.  It is critical that all pets obtain prior approval before being kept in your unit.  Please contact the office to ask if pets are allowed, and if so, what the pet deposit is.  Please provide a detailed description of the type, breed, and size of the pet.  Also, if pets are accepted, a Pet Agreement must be signed and the pet deposit paid before a pet is kept in your unit.

What are my total move-in costs?
Your move-in costs will typically consist of:

  • First month’s rent
  • Your security deposit
  • Pet Deposit (where applicable)
  • Parking, Garage, or Storage Fees (where applicable)

If you move in on a day other than the first of the month, your rent will be prorated so that it will be due on the first of the month.  The proration amount that you owe will be provided to you when you move in.  The proration amount will be due on the first day of the following month.  Thereafter, the full rent will be due on the first of each month.

FAQ’s for Current Tenants

Where are you located? 
We are operating out of a virtual office.  Our mailing address is P.O. Box 9219, Brea, CA 92822.

What are your office hours?
We are open from 10:00AM to 6:00PM Monday through Friday (except Holidays).


Methods of payment of Rent, Parking Fees, etc.?

Personal Check, Cashier’s Check or Money Orders ONLY accepted.  Cash is NOT accepted.

The method of payment can be in person in the office during business hours, by mail, to your property supervisor or on-site manager or on-site payment drop box (where applicable). There is also a payment box just outside the entrance to the office for after hours payments.

When is my rent due?  Who do I make the check payable to?
Your rent is due on the first (1st). Please make the check payable to Peergroup Corporation.


What should I do in an emergency?
In case of fire or flood or other major emergencies, please dial 9-1-1. Other maintenance emergencies can be reported to your resident manager, your property supervisor, or our maintenance line at (323) 954-7575.

What is considered a maintenance emergency?              
A maintenance emergency is something that will cause immediate danger to residents or the property. In other words, it cannot be fixed tomorrow, it must be fixed today.  For example, flood, fire, a burst pipe, sewer backup, etc.  If you have such an emergency please call 911 immediately as well as call your property supervisor and the office at (323) 954-7575.

For routine maintenance requests, please submit your maintenance requests to the office through normal channels.

I smell gas in my apartment, what should I do?             
Please contact The Gas Company immediately as they have the proper equipment to detect and locate a gas leak. They can be reached at (800) 427-2200 or online at

I have no power in my apartment, what should I do?                
Contact the electrical company FIRST to see if there is a general power outage in the area. You can find contact information for the electric company that serves your area by looking on the Page of Useful Information part of our website. If there is no power outage in your area, call the office at (323) 954-7575 or if it’s after business hours, call the emergency maintenance line at (323) 244-7842

I moved in and have a phone line problem?
If you move in and your phone line does not work or you do not have a working phone jack, have you first discussed the matter with your phone carrier? If you haven’t you should do that first. If the problem has not been resolved, then call your property supervisor and leave them a number where to reach you and the number of the non-working phone line.

What do I do if the fire alarm in my building is going off?
Contact the fire department and exit the building. The fire department will notify you when it is safe to go back in the building.

I am having a plumbing problems, what do I do?
Call your resident manager, your property supervisor or our office immediately!

I need some work done, what do I do?
Simple! Either call your resident manager, your property supervisor, call our main office, or just fill out our maintenance request form and mail/e-mail/fax/drop it off. We will take it from there and contact you shortly regarding our solution to fix your maintenance request.

Can I trust the maintenance staff in my unit?
Peergroup Corporation has been in business over 25 years. Most of our maintenance personnel have been with our company for at least 7 years!  During this time we have not had a single complaint of theft in any of the units we manage filed against our maintenance workers.

What do I do if the smoke detector in my unit starts beeping?
In most cases the 9-volt battery in your smoke detector needs to be changed. These can be purchased at your local market or hardware store. If you cannot reach the smoke detector due to vaulted ceilings, please contact the Property Supervisor or our main office at (323) 954-7575.

Who pays for repairs in my unit?
You will only be billed for repairs if the repair was a direct result of actions that were the tenant’s responsibility/negligence.

I did some repairs around my house, can I take that amount off of my rent?
Making deductions in your rent without prior written approval can be a cause for eviction. The amount of rent due is your contracted amount. There are some situations where rent deductions are allowed, but only if they have been pre-approved by management in writing.


What is a Security Deposit?
A security deposit is essentially any money paid by a tenant to a landlord, which is subsequently held by the landlord for the purposes of providing compensation for a tenant’s failure to pay rent, for repairing damages to the premises, exclusive of ordinary wear and tear, caused by the tenant or a guest or licensee of the tenant, for cleaning the premises upon termination of the tenancy, and for remedying any future defaults by the tenant in complying with any term under the rental agreement to restore, replace, or return personal property or appurtenances, should the rental agreement authorize the security deposit for this use.

What happens to my deposit if a roommate leaves but I stay?
Your deposit is a joint deposit that remains with the unit until it is vacated. It is the responsibility of the new tenant or remaining tenant to give back the portion of the deposit to the vacating tenant. We only issue deposit refund checks when the unit has been completely vacated.

Can a security deposit be used for the last month’s rent?
No. If a tenant has not specifically paid the last month’s rent when he/she moved in, he/she must pay his regular rent during his last month of tenancy. However, a landlord may use the security deposit if the tenant defaults by not paying all of his rent before they move out (Civil Code Section 1950.5(b) (1)).

I want to receive my full security deposit refund after I move out. What can I do to insure that I receive as much as possible?
Keep in mind that your security deposit will be used to restore your rental to a rentable condition. Remember how clean it was? Remember how nice it looked when you moved into it?

After anyone moves out, we have all carpets professionally cleaned. The apartment is also professionally cleaned. If you choose to have your own company do this cleaning, please provide us with receipts. This will prevent the cost from coming out of your security deposit. You are entitled to a walk-through before you move out, so we can point out what will be charged.

When can I expect to receive my security deposit refund?
Your refund check will be mailed to you in accordance with state laws or within the time stated in your rental agreement. For more information about the security deposit refund process, please visit California Department of Consumer Affairs publication titled California Tenants-A guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities.


Can I get a pet?  What do I need to do before getting a pet?
Not all buildings managed by Peergroup Corporation allow pets. Contact your resident manager or the management office first to find out if you will be permitted to have a pet. If you are permitted to have a pet, you will need to pay an additional pet security deposit and sign a pet agreement.

Can I paint the walls in my apartment a different color?
Making any changes to the unit without permission is strictly prohibited in your lease and may be grounds for eviction. Please obtain prior written approval from Peergroup Corporation beforehand.

How long can I have a visitor stay with me in my apartment?
Visitors are limited to 14 days per year. Longer visits must receive written approval.

I want to install a satellite dish, what should I do?
Please email or call someone at our office as installing certain types of cable or a satellite dish sometimes requires an extra security deposit and fulfilling all of the terms and conditions in our “Satellite Addendum”.

What do I do if I have lost utility service in my unit, i.e. electricity, cable, gas, water?
If it is your cable, gas, or electric, check to make sure you are current with your payment. Then contact the service provider and find out if they are having a service problem in your area. If your payments are current and there are no known outages, contact your resident manager, property supervisor, or our management office for assistance.

Is a tenant entitled to notification before a landlord may enter the unit?
A 24-hour notice is required and we will always notify you if we are to enter your unit. This notification will typically be in writing. However, in case of an emergency, the written notice requirement and time period requirement may be waived.

Can I break my lease?
Breaking your lease can be detrimental to your credit and rental history. In special circumstances, a tenant can break their lease, however, fees to re-lease the unit, including leasing, advertising, administrative and maintenance costs, will be incurred. Please refer to your rental agreement for more information.

Can I sublet my apartment?
Subletting your unit is not allowed and can be cause for eviction.

I am thinking about moving out. What should I do?
You need to provide us with 30 days written notice to your resident manager or to our office.

What do I do if a roommate leaves but I am staying?
All tenants vacating should give a written notice of vacating the unit and fill-out and sign a Roommate Addition/Removal Form. This will release them from financial responsibility of the rent if the current tenancy is month to month.

What is the Systematic Code Enforcement Program (SCEP)?
Systematic Code Enforcement Program (SCEP) was established to guarantee, through systematic inspections, that those who reside in rental units in Los Angeles have a safe, livable space which meets the City and State codes for habitability. The SCEP affects tenants who reside in units within boundaries of the City of Los Angeles, including the neighborhoods of Hollywood, Marina Del Rey, Palms, and Venice. As of 1/1/2005, and all subsequent years, a landlord may collect the annual SCEP fee (for units subject to the Rent Stabilization Ordinance, RSO) from the tenant of the rental unit on a monthly or yearly basis.